Who We Are
Ontic exists to serve intelligence to those who protect. In today’s world, companies, their employees, or their physical assets may come under some kind of threat or attack. Investments in physical and other security systems have already been made to protect these critical assets — but are they working together, proactively, preemptively? That’s where we come in.
Ontic provides a protective intelligence software platform, aggregating disparate data sources and providing a workflow that surfaces “pre-incident indicators” for acts of violence, mental health issues and behavior of concern. Ontic’s real-time, actionable insights allow security and resource teams to better discover, investigate and collaborate on threats in order to protect executives, workplaces and schools. Ontic works with Fortune 5000 companies and some of the leading educational institutions today to keep its most prized assets safe – its people.
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach both our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
Who You Are
Ontic is looking for a dedicated Group Director of Sales to play a key role in growing and accelerating our revenue growth.
As the Group Director of Sales reporting directly to VP of Sales, you will be responsible for managing a team of seasoned Sales Directors and motivated Sales Development Representatives to build pipeline and meet revenue targets through new logo acquisition and upsell opportunities. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in the SAAS enterprise space, motivating, training and managing teams to meet and exceed quota targets. Candidates should be comfortable with the fact that as an early stage startup, things move quickly and new challenges appear daily.
- Lead, motivate, manage and grow the Sales team
- Create plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Manage senior level customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Be a strong player/coach. Sell and help your team sell
- Become an expert in the platform and articulating its value
- Develop a deep understanding of target customers and work on creating compelling sales offerings
- Partner with Marketing, Product and Customer Success to test, measure and optimize
- Play a critical role in business planning, working closely with other senior executives to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term business strategy
- Create pipeline generation engine across the sales team
- Define target market and qualification criteria process with marketing/strategy team
- Create and manage to a quarterly sales forecast and adjust actions as needed to make and exceed quarterly sales
- Regularly communicate quarterly sales forecast, strategy, and practices to Executive Leadership Team, the broader team, board members, and advisors
- Work with marketing to fine tune demand generation campaigns, messaging and enablement needs
- Committed to understanding the market and competitive landscape
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipeline analysis, and forecasting to ensure replicable, above-quota results
- Devise compensation and incentive programs that engage sales, while driving continuing improvements in productivity
- Process to communicate requested new product requirements from customers and prospects
- Partner with customer success to ensure customer are delighted from sales to PoC to production to renewal
- Understand, work toward and maintain product market fit
- Ensure the implementation of improvements in business processes yielding increased sales performance, higher operational efficiency, and increased velocity
- A proven sales hunter and closer
- 10+ years of outside enterprise software sales experience
- 5+ years of prior management experience
- A passion for Ontic’s mission
- Strong preference for Corporate Security or Executive Protection acumen
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Superior professional presence and business acumen
Ontic Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision and Dental benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO policy
- Generous Parental Leave policy
- Mobile phone and home internet reimbursement
- Anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Dynamic office environment
Look like a good fit?
Contact us at email@example.com today!
Ontic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.