Walmart, The Walt Disney Company, Salesforce and McDonald’s security leaders among recipients
AUSTIN, September 27, 2021 – In further recognition of the pioneers and thought leaders who have driven new shifts and novel practices, development of innovative solutions, and are contributing to, influencing and advancing the physical security and protection industry, the Ontic Center for Protective Intelligence today announced six new “Protective Intelligence Honors” recipients.
“In today’s climate of unpredictable and unmanageable threats, strong leadership in security has never been more pivotal to protecting and ultimately saving lives,” said Fred Burton, Executive Director of the Ontic Center for Protective Intelligence. “These honorees are charting a new path forward in this industry, and we thank them for their unwavering dedication to making this world a safer place to live.”
Those recognized as “Protective Intelligence Honors” Pioneers, experts who developed or established new physical protection models, methods of protective knowledge, innovated a protection solution or drove shifts in thinking or approach to protection include:
- Keith White, SVP, Chief Global Safety and Security Officer, Salesforce – Keith White joined Salesforce in August 2020 as their Chief Global Safety and Security Officer. In this role, White is responsible for providing the protection and safety of 56,000 Salesforce team members worldwide as well as all of their corporate facilities, data centers, and offices. Previously, White was the EVP, Global Sustainability, Gap Foundation, and Loss Prevention at Gap Inc. and led the execution of the company’s sustainability strategy focused on driving socially and environmentally responsible business practices. White also took on the responsibility of overseeing Gap Foundation’s portfolio of global community investments. White chaired the Diversity Council at Gap Inc., and currently chairs the Diversity Committee for the East Bay Parks Foundation, serves on the Year Up Bay Area Board, East Bay Regional Parks Foundation Board, is the former chairman of the Board of Directors for the Bay Area American Red Cross, and is also an advisor and past President to the International Organization of Black Security Executives (IOBSE) Board of Directors.
- Kristin Lenardson, Vice President, Managed Risk Services, Crisis24 – With over 22 years as a private and public sector Intelligence Analyst, Lenardson strongly believes risk-based analysis and proactive intelligence directly affect the security of any organization. Lenardson’s experience with multiple Fortune 500 companies includes creating and managing change at all levels of intelligence, executive protection, and traditional physical security programs. As an Intelligence Analyst with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Lenardson concentrated on combating terrorism, public corruption, violent crime, transnational criminal networks, and white-collar corruption. She has trained law enforcement and intelligence officers from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Canada via the FBI’s Central American Intelligence Program (CAIP). Additionally, Lenardson provided joint-operational support to the FBI, the United States Government, and Coalition Forces during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
“Protective Intelligence Honors” Thought Leaders, veteran practitioners and established experts in the field who are actively contributing to and advancing protective intelligence industry knowledge and careers include:
- Jerome Rutledge, Senior Manager, Walmart Executive Protection;
- Angela Lewis, Manager, Global Intelligence and Threat Analysis, The Walt Disney Company;
- Ryan Long, Head of Global Intelligence, McDonald’s;
- Jim Baker, Residential Security Manager / Protective Intelligence Analyst, Confidential Company
To learn more about all Protective Intelligence Honors recipients, including biographies of the honorees, visit www.protectiveintelligencehonors.com
The Protective Intelligence Honors is a program that recognizes Pioneers and Thought Leaders in physical security who are selected by a committee of experts at the Ontic Center for Protective Intelligence. To date, 30 individuals have been named as honorees. To learn more or nominate a Pioneer or Thought Leader, visit ProtectiveIntelligenceHonors.com.
About the Ontic Center for Protective Intelligence
The Ontic Center for Protective Intelligence provides strategic consulting, multidimensional services and resources for safety and security, legal, risk and compliance professionals at major corporations across multiple industry sectors including financial services, technology, retail, entertainment and consumer products. Through its initiatives, global industry experts and authorities in protective intelligence share best practices, insights on current and historical trends, and explore lessons learned from physical security peers. The Center is led by Fred Burton, one of the world’s foremost experts on security and counterterrorism. A former police officer, special agent and New York Times best-selling author, Burton has served on the front lines of high-profile investigations including the hunt for and arrest of Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind behind the first World Trade Center bombing. For more information please visit ontic.co/center-for-protective-intelligence/
Ontic is the first protective intelligence software company to digitally transform how Fortune 500 and emerging enterprises proactively address physical threat management to protect employees, customers and assets. Ontic’s SaaS-based platform collects and connects threat indicators to provide a comprehensive view of potential threats while surfacing critical knowledge so companies can assess and action more to maintain business continuity and reduce financial impact. Ontic also provides strategic consulting, multidimensional services, education and thought leadership for safety and security professionals at major corporations via its Center for Protective Intelligence. For more information please visit ontic.co